Chains (motorcycle chains) can be divided into motorcycle sleeve chains, motorcycle roller chains, motorcycle sealing ring chains (oil seal chains, also divided into O-type sealing ring chains and X-type sealing ring chains), toothed chains (silent chains).
Motorcycle chains can be divided into two types, i. e. engine internal chain and engine external chain, according to the parts used on motorcycles. Most of the chains used in motorcycle engines are sleeve chains. The sleeve chain used in the engine can be divided into timing chain or timing chain (cam chain), balance chain and oil pump chain (engine with large exhaust). Motorcycle chain used outside the engine is the transmission chain (or driving chain) used to drive the rear wheel, most of which use roller chain (chain of individual specifications). For example, 219h or 05ma are also used as transmission chains. High quality motorcycle chains (motorcycle chains) include a full range of motorcycle sleeve chains, motorcycle roller chains, motorcycle sealing ring chains and motorcycle toothed chains (silent chains).
Motorcycle O-ring chain (oil seal chain) is a high-performance transmission chain designed and manufactured for motorcycle road racing and racing cars. The chain has a special O-ring to seal the lubricant in the chain against dust and soil. The color of the chain can be shot peening, golden yellow (copper plating) and silver (nickel plating). The copper plated/nickel plated motorcycle chain is usually copper plated or nickel plated on the inner and outer chain plates of the chain, or all parts can be copper plated or nickel plated.
Oil seal chain
The chain can reduce wear and prolong service life by adding a certain amount of grease in the middle of pin sleeve, and because of the sealing effect of "o" ring, it can prevent sediment from entering the hinge pair of the chain.
Correct Adjustment of Motorcycle Chain
(1) When replacing the chain of the gear disc, we must pay attention to replacing the high-quality products with good materials and craftsmanship (the spare parts of the general special maintenance station are more regular), so as to prolong its service life. Never buy unqualified products for cheap, especially those with unqualified gear discs. If you buy more, you will find that the chain is tight and loose, and the consequences are unpredictable.
(2) Check the clearance between rear fork cushion sleeve and fork and fork axle frequently, because the clearance between rear fork and frame is strict and flexible. Only in this way can the rear fork and frame form an integral whole without affecting the effect of aftershock absorption. The connection between rear fork and frame is realized by fork axle, and it is equipped with cushioning rubber sleeve. At present, the quality of domestic cushioning rubber sleeve is not very stable, so it is easy to appear loose phenomenon. Once the joint is loose, the rear wheel will displace under the restraint of the chain when the motorcycle starts or accelerates. The displacement depends on the damage degree of the buffer sleeve. At the same time, the rear wheels have a distinct sense of motion when accelerating or decelerating. This is also one of the important reasons for the damage of the chain gear disc. More inspection and attention should be paid.
(3) Regular cleaning of chains and gear discs, timely filling of grease, rainy and snowy days and muddy roads, and the maintenance of chains and gear discs should be strengthened. Only in this way can the service life of chain gear discs be prolonged.
(4) It is advisable to keep the tightness of motorcycle chain in the range of 15 mm to 20 mm by timely adjustment. Buffer bearings are often checked and lubricated on time. Because the working environment of the bearing is worse, once the lubrication is lost, the possibility of damage is great. Once the bearing is damaged, the back gear disc will be inclined, and the side of the chain will be worn down slightly. Easy to make the chain fall off.
(5) When adjusting the chain, besides adjusting the scale according to the frame chain, eyes are also used to observe whether the front and rear gear discs are in the same line with the chain, because the frame or rear fork are damaged. After the frame or rear fork is damaged and deformed, adjusting the chain according to its scale will lead to a misunderstanding. It is mistaken to think that the linearity of the gear plate chain is damaged in the same line. Therefore, this inspection is very important (it is better to take down the chain box when adjusting). In case of finding out the problem, it should be corrected immediately, so as to avoid the aftermath and ensure that there is no mistake.