Motorcycle clutch according to the cooling medium can be divided into two kinds, one kind is to use the oil cooling, known as the wet clutch, the cooling oil wrong lining protection, and make the smooth soft power transfer, its advantage is that the service life is long, generally do not occur fault, unless the violation of operating procedures, often to work the clutch is on-off state. Another kind of air - cooled clutch, called the dry clutch. In use, the requirement clutch can handily and freely engage with the power and separation, in a short time of half clutch state work, the clutch should not appear overheating phenomenon.
Check the clutch
· check the clearance: gently hold the middle finger and index finger and turn the clutch handle to check and adjust the clearance. The grip end stroke should be 15mm-20mm and the root should be about 3mm. Different models of clutch clearance is different, should be adjusted according to the requirements of the manual. Experience has shown that the grip end should have a minimum stroke of 1mm. If the clutch clearance is too large, the separation is not complete, and the clearance is too small, and will cause the clutch slip.
· check clutch grip strength: this check is as important as clearance check, because heavy grip operation can affect operation and even cause accidents. Grip heavy due to lack of grease or damage on the wire. The former is more common, check with a tool. Use spring balance to pull clutch grip, its tension is 50n-60n is normal, if more than 68.8n, can be considered heavy grip, should find out the reason and be ruled out.
· check whether the clutch is skidding: change the gear position through the foot pedal, increase the engine speed slightly at the same time, and then brake the rear wheel with the foot. Then slowly release the clutch grip. If the engine turns off, the clutch is not skidding and the technical condition is normal; If the engine speed decreases, but did not flout, or in the running hard refueling door but the speed can not go up, indicating that the clutch slip, should be repaired.
· check whether the clutch is completely separated: lift the ladder, release the clutch grip, and conduct shift test. If the grip is tightened and the gear hits when changing gear, it indicates that the clutch is not completely separated.
· check whether the pull wire from the clutch grip to the transmission is normal: if the plastic cover is found to be cracked, use plastic tape to wrap it tightly to waterproof dip. Cable damage is related to the technical condition of the motorcycle itself, so the motorcycle should be well maintained.
Second, clutch adjustment
· adjustment of clutch grip stroke: if the clutch end stroke does not meet the requirements, loosen the locking nut at the grip root and rotate the adjusting nut from left to right to make the grip end stroke within 15mm-20mm. If the cable is changed, attention should be paid to the different direction of the cable of various models. After installation, the handlebars should be turned to the left and right respectively to adjust the free travel of the grip.
· adjustment of clutch clearance: generally, it is ok to turn the adjusting nut of the grip, and the adjustment effect will be better if the stay wire is checked at the same time. If the clutch grip is adjusted and the clearance still does not meet the requirements, the stay wire should be removed and adjusted through the cap on the nut. If the stay wire is cracked or bent, a new stay wire should be replaced.
· maintenance of clutch slippage: it is mainly caused by insufficient clutch grip clearance. Right grip clearance is too small or no clearance at all, the clutch is always in the semi-clutch state, the result will inevitably cause the clutch slip. You can loosen the grip counterclockwise root of the lock nut, and then around the screw adjustment nut, until the gap is appropriate. If the grip nut still does not reach the clearance standard value after adjusting the grip nut, the bracket for fixing the stay adjusting nut shall be lifted up. After the adjustment, start the engine, check whether the gear shift is smooth, neat, no friction or abnormal noise. If there is a problem, it should be further examined to find out the reason and eliminate it.