Motorcycle clutch according to the cooling medium can be divided into two kinds, one kind is to use the oil cooling, known as the wet clutch, the cooling oil wrong lining protection, and make the smooth soft power transfer, its advantage is that the service life is long, generally do not occur fault, unless the violation of operating procedures, often to work the clutch is on-off state. The other, which USES air to cool the clutch, is called a dry clutch. In use, the clutch can be easily and easily and power engagement and separation, in a short time of semi-clutch state of work, the clutch should not appear overheating phenomenon.
· check the gap: gently hold and turn the clutch grip with the middle and forefinger to check and adjust the gap. Grip end stroke should be 15mm-20mm, root for about 3mm. Clutch clearance of different models is different, should be adjusted according to the requirements of the manual. Experience shows that the grip end should have a stroke of at least 1mm. If the clutch gap is too large, separation is not complete, and the gap is too small, will cause the clutch slip.
· check clutch grip strength: this check is as important as the clearance check because the grip operation is heavy, which can affect the operation and even cause accidents. The heavy grip is mainly caused by the lack of grease or damage on the cable. The former is more common, check with the aid of tools. Pull the clutch grip with the spring scale, the tension of 50n-60n is normal, if more than 68.8n, the grip can be considered heavy, should be found out the reason and be ruled out.
· check whether the clutch is slipping: change the gear position through the pedal, increase the engine speed slightly, and then brake the rear wheel with the foot. At this time, slowly release the clutch grip. If the engine is turned off, it means the clutch is not slipping and the technical condition is normal; If the engine speed drops, but did not turn off, or in the driving of the fierce fuel door but the speed is not up, indicating that the clutch slip, should be repaired.
· check whether the clutch separation is complete: lift the car ladder, twist and release the clutch grip, and conduct the shift test. If the grip is tightened, and there is a gear bump when changing gear, the clutch separation is not complete.
· check whether the pull wire from clutch grip to transmission is normal: if its plastic cover is cracked, it can be wrapped tightly with plastic tape to make it waterproof. The cable damage is related to the technical condition of the motorcycle itself.
2.the clutch adjustment
· adjustment of clutch grip stroke: if the clutch end stroke does not meet the requirements, loosen the locking nut at the root of the grip and rotate the adjusting nut around to make the clutch end stroke between 15mm-20mm. If you change the cable, you should pay attention to the different direction of the cable for different models. After loading, you should hit the handlebars to the left and right respectively to adjust the free travel of the grip.
· adjustment of clutch clearance: generally, it is ok to twist the adjustment nut on the grip. If the cable is checked and adjusted at the same time, the effect will be better. If the clutch grip is adjusted and the gap is still not up to the requirements, the cable should be removed and adjusted through the cap on the nut.
· maintenance of clutch slippage: clutch slippage is mainly caused by insufficient clutch grip clearance. Right grip clearance is too small or no clearance, the clutch is always in a semi-clutch state, the result will inevitably cause the clutch slip. Loosen the lock nut at the base of the grip counterclockwise and turn the nut left and right until the clearance is right. If the clearance standard value cannot be reached after adjusting the grip nut, the support for fixing the adjustable nut of the stay wire shall be lifted up. After the adjustment, start the engine, check whether the shift is smooth, clean, no slip or abnormal noise. If there is a problem, further inspection should be conducted to find out the cause and eliminate it.