Corrosion protection of iron oil tank
If placed in the tank of a zinc (shell) ordinary dry cells, in this way, because the chemical property of the zinc is lively, hence the corrosion electrochemical reaction will no longer turn with zinc with the iron, so it can effectively protect the fuel tank is not corroded, it's like we usually see iron lock pin of the zinc plate, electric water heater in the magnesium rods, the activity of the zinc and magnesium are used to achieve the purpose of protection of iron. After placing the zinc skin in the tank, you will find that the rust is greatly reduced when cleaning the tank.
Cleaning of non-metallic parts
In the maintenance of motorcycles, often encounter some non-metallic parts need cleaning. These parts cannot be cleaned with kerosene, diesel, gasoline and metal cleaner for cleaning metal parts. Otherwise, they will deteriorate and fail. The cleaning method should be determined according to the material of the parts.
1. Leather parts should not be washed with any cleaning solution, and can be wiped with a cloth.
2. Parts made of styrofoam should be washed with washing powder or soapy water.
3. Rubber parts should be cleaned with alcohol.
4. Paper parts should not be washed with water, but with a brush or in kerosene or diesel oil.
5. Clutch friction plate and brake shoe friction plate should not be cleaned with kerosene, diesel oil or alkali solution, but should be scrubbed with gasoline.
How to select and install motorcycle oil seal
Gasoline tank lid seal is lax, often volatile, both wasteful and unsafe, and oil seal in the motorcycle all accessories, is one of the more unpopular and small objects, are often ignored in many "friends, think it doesn't matter, but it is very big, if not correct, or allow it to further deteriorate, can cause oil leakage, leakage and other problems, the consequences are very serious!
How to choose oil seal?
1. When selecting oil seal, first pay attention to its model and specification (i.e. inner diameter, outer diameter and thickness). Oil seal specifications are generally marked on the oil seal, that is, the outer diameter × inner diameter × thickness, the unit is mm. If there is no marked vernier caliper available for measurement, the quality of the oil seal should be checked when purchasing it. First look whether the appearance is smooth and bright, whether the work is fine, with the finger extruded outer diameter and a certain degree of hardness and rigidity, but also a certain degree of flexibility. Conversely, the appearance rough hair dark without light, the quality must have a problem.
2. Observe the lip of the oil seal should be smooth and even, without burr, the tension spring without rust and has a good tension, with the finger hook lip pull, have a certain elasticity and not deformation, the oil seal on the floor tile, wood or harder object when the scratch is coarser, darker, more obvious for quality problems. On the contrary, after no obvious scratch, oil seal is still smooth and lossless generally better quality.
3. When selecting the material of oil seal, it is necessary to consider the compatibility of the material to the working medium, the adaptability to the working temperature range and the following ability of the lip edge to the rotating shaft when it rotates at a high speed. Generally, the temperature at the lip edge of oil seal is 20~50℃ higher than that of the working medium. The working range of the oil seal is related to the materials used in the oil seal: when the material is nitrile rubber (NBR), it is -40~120℃, Alec rubber (ACM)-30~180℃ and fluoroprene (FPM)-25~300℃.
How to install oil seal?
1. Before the assembly of the oil seal, the groove of the oil seal should be first cut and scraped with scraper, saw blade and other materials to remove the burr and trauma, and then touch the edge with your finger, if no burr can be felt.
2. Remove the iron shavings and grease in the tank and the shaft, wipe the dirt clean with a dry cloth, and then apply a little oil or grease to the inner diameter of the oil seal to facilitate the oil seal.
3. If the oil seal is too tight when loading, do not force it in, otherwise, it will cause deformation and damage the outer diameter of the oil seal and affect its tightness. When necessary, the outer diameter can be gently cut with a wood file (when filing, it should prevent loosening and repeated measurement), or further check and remove impurities and foreign bodies in the oil seal groove.
4. After loading the oil seal, check whether it is in place. First, observe the depth of the oil seal in the tank to see if there is any deviation; The second is to observe the size of the gap formed between the inner diameter of the oil seal and the shaft to judge, the gap is large, into more, the gap is small, into less, this time should be timely correction, to prevent the leakage due to deviation.
In addition, if there is no oil seal of the same model in the assembly, you can find the specification, the model difference is less to replace, when the outer diameter is larger, you can file processing, when the outer diameter is smaller, you can apply a little glue dry in the outer diameter, or wrap adhesive for increased processing.
The inner diameter is generally allowed to be small and not big, but cannot be too tight, otherwise cause excessive friction, accelerate the damage of the oil seal, finally check its sealing oil situation, can be to the lip to smear soapy water and oil inspection, start the engine if there are bubbles out, can be concluded that there is oil leakage, leakage phenomenon. Finally, according to the situation to deal with