Step1, the appropriate "viscosity" of the control motorcycle
The first step is to check the motorcycle's own manual, where you can find the recommended viscosity of the lubricating oil, such as the 10w-40, which is available in the shell Ed prince Ultra. The number 40 after "W" represents the viscosity level of lubricating oil at 100℃. The higher the value, the higher the viscosity. When buying shell Ed prince Ultra lubricants, look for the number after the W and you won't be wrong.
Step 2 is to calculate the suitable viscosity in the current climate
The outer package of lubricating oil is marked with the recommended value of universal, and the temperature difference between different regions is very big, so the figure before W is just for you to find the lubricating oil that is really suitable for your motorcycle. Take the 10w-40 in several applicable viscosities of shell Ed prince Ultra as an example. In this set of data, W represents winter, and the number before W represents the flow viscosity of lubricating oil at low temperature. The smaller the value, the better the fluidity. This number can generally be approximately equal to the minimum temperature in the region plus 35. For example, in Beijing, the lowest temperature in winter is about -20℃, which is -20+35=15. In Beijing, at least 15w-40 lubricating oil should be used to ensure the normal operation of lubricating oil.
Step 3. Decide whether to use mineral oil or synthetic oil
The biggest difference between mineral oils and synthetic oils is that synthetic oils are used at a wider temperature and for longer durations. The same oil film requirements, synthetic oil can be achieved with a lower viscosity, mineral oil needs to be achieved with a stronger viscosity. If only by car, every day is also a few kilometers, a dozen kilometers of distance, the choice of mineral oil can be. If the daily mileage is relatively long, often run a long distance on the choice of synthetic oil, if the pursuit of driving speed, it is best to choose a better grade of oil.
Step 4, choose the appropriate quality level of lubricating oil
The higher the grade, the better the lubrication, heat dissipation, sealing and vibration reduction of the oil, the better the protection of the engine, and more environmentally friendly. However, in daily life, considering economy, convenience and other factors, lubricating oil manufacturers generally provide different products for consumers to choose. Such as small size, large thermal running-in and workload of the light car and scooter riders are advised to choose the more expensive kind of lubricating oil, sometimes the choice of lubricant is to see the working environment, not to look at the grade of the vehicle itself and shell, Ed the prince Ultra can provide the ultimate protection shell for all modern motorcycle and performance.
How often do you change the motor oil
1. The oil change interval in the run-in period is 300, 500 and 1000;
2. Change the oil of the scooter every 1500 kilometers during the run-in period;
3. Cross-riding motorcycle for 1500-2000 km oil change;
4. Synthetic oil can double the oil change mileage.
5. The viscosity of oil changes greatly at high temperature. It is generally believed that when the deviation of kinematic viscosity value at 100℃ exceeds 20%, it must be replaced;
6. The oil's cleaning and dispersing performance decreases, and it cannot dissolve the accumulated carbon generated by the engine's work;
7. The oil is acidic, containing a large number of acidic oxides, which is easy to corrodes the parts;
8. The oil contains metal particles, which aggravate the wear of the parts in operation (the filtering effect of the filter structure is not complete);
9. The oil flash point decreases, affecting safety. This is because frequent cold starts may cause the gasoline to cascade through the ring gap into the crankcase. National standards, gasoline oil flash point value must not be lower than 210℃.