Many motorcycle friends and car dealers on the motorcycle daily maintenance work is only to stay in the change of oil and air filter stage, in fact, in order to keep the car has a good working condition, the system, professional maintenance process is essential.
Today I will share with you the basic knowledge of motorcycle maintenance. According to the mileage of the vehicle, maintenance can be divided into level 1 maintenance, level 2 maintenance and level 3 maintenance. Even higher levels of maintenance, this article only covers three levels of maintenance.
When the motorcycle runs for a certain distance (generally 1000~2000km), add lubricant to the parts that need to be lubricated, and tighten the exposed bolts and nuts. This lubrication, fastening as the center of maintenance operations become a level of maintenance.
Level 1 maintenance includes the following items:
1. Turn off the hot engine for a period of time, wait for it to cool down, and then restart it to check the uniformity of the carburetor and the level of idle speed, and adjust it if necessary.
2, the chain drive motorcycle, should remove the chain for cleaning, fill with lubricating oil. Belt drive motorcycle, should remove the belt pulley for cleaning, grease.
3. Clean air filter, carburetor, oil tank filter and fuel switch.
4. Remove the carbon deposit on the spark plug, and check and adjust the electrode gap (generally 0.6~ 0,7 mm).
5. Check and adjust the free travel of the clutch, throttle and brake, and fill lubricating oil on the cable of the control line.
6. Grease the soft shaft of the speed odometer and the engine tachometer.
7. Replace the lubricating oil in the gearbox, and lubricate the lubrication point.
8. Remove the engine valve cover and check the valve clearance with a micrometer (generally 0.1mm).
9. Observe the working condition of the distributor, adjust the contact gap (generally 0.4mm) according to the standard requirements, and remove the carbon deposit.
10. Clean the dust and dirt on the battery and check whether the contact of the whole car cable joint is good
Maintenance tasks that focus on inspection and adjustment are called secondary maintenance. Motorcycles generally run 3000~6000km for secondary maintenance.
In addition to the items of level-1 maintenance, the following items shall be added:
1. Check the transverse and longitudinal swing clearance of steering handle, directional column, front fork and the function of front and rear shock absorber, and adjust according to the situation.
2. Check whether the engine cylinder block and exhaust pipe muffler are loose, and whether the other main parts of the whole are abnormal.
3, check the wear of the clutch friction plate and brake disc on the brake block, according to the wear situation to adjust or replace.
4. Remove the generator, clean the stolen goods and dust on the body, pull out the movement for inspection, if the height of the brush is found to be lower than the required size, it should be replaced.
5, the sound of the speaker is normal, found the problem, should debug the contact screw or update.
6, with the tire pressure gauge, pressure gauge to measure the inflation of the wheel, check whether the wheel hub, spoke deformation, loosening, broken bar phenomenon.
The maintenance operations centered on the motorcycle disintegration, assembly decomposition for inspection and removal of hidden dangers are called the three levels of motorcycle maintenance. Level 3 maintenance is usually performed after 6000 to 10000km.
In addition to level 2 maintenance, Level 3 maintenance should include the following items:
1. Decompose the engine, remove the carbon deposits in the cylinder head, piston top, piston ring, exhaust port, etc., check the clearance between the piston and the cylinder wall, the small head bearing of the connecting rod and the piston pin, the big head bearing of the connecting rod and the crankshaft pin, and check the runout of the left and right crank.
2. Decompose the clutch, check the free length of the clutch spring and the thickness of the friction sheet, and replace the spring or friction sheet if necessary.
3. Check the gear of the transmission for cracks, ablations, spalling and serious step wear.
4. Decompose the directional column combination, clean the directional column bearing, add enough grease, and adjust the clearance after loading.
5, decompose the front and rear shock absorber, add or replace the shock absorber oil.
6, the four-stroke engine needs to check the tightness of the valve, such as poor seal, should grind the valve or "boring cylinder".
7, check before and after the linearity of the wheel and the wheel runout and pendulum.
Due to the different types of motorcycle structure, so the maintenance should be carried out according to the provisions of the vehicle manual.
(Image and text from the network, infringement please contact delete)