There are many bearings used in each moving part of the motorcycle, such as the steering column, the front and rear wheel hub, the rear chain disk, the bearings in the engine, etc., which are precision parts. Bearings produced by regular manufacturers are generally tested as qualified products at the factory, but the market is full of many inferior bearings, which leads to a lot of motorcycles after the replacement of bearings, it does not take long, the bearings are broken, especially bad in the road, which brings great pain and inconvenience to the owner. Therefore, the bearing must use qualified products, and it must be correctly installed.
Common cheating methods of inferior bearing:
1. Manufacture bearings with iron and carbon steel, or repair scrap bearings. The former one will bring the bearing hardness is not enough, and the latter one will bring the bearing accuracy is insufficient.
2. The inferior bearings and small factory bearings are stamped with the trademarks of big factories, and the internal and external packaging boxes and certificates of the big brand products are copied.
3. Counterfeit well-known brand users, dealers, agents, and even counterfeit manufacturers spot stores.
4. Using defective bearings as official genuine bearings.
5. Use ordinary bearings as bearings with high precision.
6. Official fakes mixed with genuine goods.
7. Fake products sell official genuine prices, official genuine products sell high prices, and apply fake prices.
8. If you want cheap goods, give fake goods, if you want good quality, give real goods.
Six ways to identify true and false bearings:
1. The outer packing box is not clear. Under normal circumstances, the factory brand has its own special designers to design the external packaging box, and arrange the production conditions of the factory to complete the production, so the packaging from the line to the color block are particularly clear and unequivocal.
2. Check whether the certificate is standard. For example, there is a watermark in the certificate of the tile shaft, and the watermark still has the word "ZWZ"; There are anti-counterfeiting marks on the certificate of the shaft.
3. Steel seal is not clear. The bearing body will be printed with brand words, labels and so on. The font is particularly small, but most of the factory's production uses steel printing technology, and it is completed before being overheated, so the font is small, but it is deeply concave and particularly clear. The font of the counterfeit product is not only fuzzy, but because of the rough printing technology, the font floats on the surface, and some can even be easily erased by hand.
For example, the steel mark on the NSK bearing has no touch if you touch it by hand, but if you scratch it with your fingernails all at once, you can feel the existence of the steel mark, and the imitation bearing, the steel mark is either convex or concave.
4. Look at the overall condition of the bearing. First of all, it depends on the appearance quality, whether there is poor processing quality, obvious circular runout, etc.; Whether there is muddy oil, domestic bearings have obvious oil and anti-rust oil taste, the original imported bearings can hardly see traces of anti-rust oil; It is not genuine, there are CAK holes without cones, 2RS only unilateral sealing and other obvious specification model errors.
5. Look at the metallic luster. The bearing chamfer will not be polished after heat treatment, and the official genuine chamfer is quite smooth, with a gray metallic luster, while the fake is either the chamfer is not smooth, or the color is not gray metallic luster.
6. Listen for sounds. Hold the inner sleeve of the bearing left and right, rotate the jacket with the right hand, and listen to whether the sound is noisy. Fake and shoddy products in the production process will inevitably be mixed with sand and other impurities, so the rotation will emit noise, which is the biggest difference between the official genuine products and strict completion of production standards.
Of course, proper installation and use are equally important. During the use of the motorcycle, if the bearing ball cage falls off, the working face in the rolling groove appears unconventional wear, spalling, and the rotation is stuck, there are more problems in the use and installation of the bearing.
Motorcycle rear wheel bearings, the load is large, if often overloaded, coupled with high salt content of rain road driving, easy to cause wear, affect the service life. So, don't wait for the bearing to go off the outer edge to change, it will be too late. Replace the hub bearing, do not force into it, if it is summer, the bearing can be placed in the refrigerator for a period of time, and then it will be better to install. The upper and lower bearings of the directional column, due to the failure of the front shock absorption, insufficient lubrication or the discomfort of the upper and lower fastening force, cause the ball to break or the ball working surface to peel off, forming the direction of the steering is astringent or deviated, affecting the safety of driving. When changing the direction bearing, be sure to check whether the shock absorption is good before, if it is broken, it should also be repaired or replaced, otherwise, the direction bearing is easy to break.
The bearing on the front and rear wheel hub and the rear chain disk, because the owner in daily use, wading too deep or often wash the car, let the water into the bearing, so that the grease in the bearing gradually fails, the formation of the bearing rolling groove and ball wear serious, the clearance increased significantly, if the factory or sales before and after the wheel assembly is too tight or too loose, a long time resulting in driving instability, bearing lag or bearing displacement loose, Ball cage damage or fall off, the formation of the gap is too large, so that the brake disc and the wheel phase friction, increase the resistance of the driving, the bearing on the rear sprocket disc, easy to water or adjust too tight too loose, will cause damage, so the owner in the car wash or deep water pit should pay special attention to timely inspection and maintenance. If the replacement is damaged, it must be in place and adjusted until the wheel rotates flexibly and there is no obvious clearance.
Through the above analysis, it is concluded that the bearing damage is mainly caused by poor lubrication, installation is not in place, improper clearance coordination and poor use environment, etc. If it is not found or repaired early, it will cause greater losses or affect driving safety. Therefore, please manufacturers, dealers, maintenance industry and owners to pay attention to avoid such accidents.
(Graphic from the network, infringement please contact delete)